Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2012

As American As A Pizza Pie

Located in downtown Rogers, Arkansas The Rail - A Pizza Company was recently visited by Tyler Florence in the filming of Food Network's THE GREAT FOOD TRUCK RACE. 

6 pm.

Clean high chairs.
Waitress was super helpful and very knowledgeable about all questions.
80s music playing in the background with that whole new wave psuedo-hippie weird pizza joint vibe.

Shared the Wedge Salad with my husband. It came with bacon, tomato and fried onion strings with blue cheese dressing. The Blue cheese was pretty good, but kind of mayonaise-y. It could be better and needed more bleu cheese. It all really made me grow a little tired of a wedge salad. And, I have been championing them lately. Very cold. They are supposed to be the best salads in town.

The Louisiana Hot Sauce wings were brilliant. Perfectly crispy. I can't speak enough on their behalf. Will return no matter what to have these wings again.

We chose a small "Alfred" speciality pizza.
Spicy alfredo sauce, Italian sausage, chicken, mushroom, spinach, red onions and cheese. Could ease up on the red onions a little, but the crust is perfection. It's foldy/crispy and a little burnt on the end. Made me wish we had just ordered a cheese. One piece is plenty.

The Thai Peanut seemed fun. I'm just trying to get used to the idea of peanuts and cheese.


There was a large assortment of imported beer. I chose an Austrian one. This one was not really my fave, but only because it wasn't fruity or a cider. It was smooth and light and grew on me just like this random sticker on the wall:

It was something to ponder while watching the U.S. Olympic trials on the above television. I felt as American as a pizza pie.



No comments:

Post a Comment