Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Manning Zucchini Bread

This is a recipe from one of my grandmothers - Mammaw Manning. She made it all of the time. When I make it, it reminds me of her and I am thankful for the many loaves she made around the holidays or when we would visit her in Eudora, Arkansas.  However, this quick bread is the most unhealthy way to get some healthy veggies in my kids. But, they love it. I posted this because I am looking for a lower sugar version that gets more good stuff in them. But, for posterity and the fact that I am baking loaves right now for a breakfast choice this week, here it is:

Zucchini Bread
3 eggs beaten
3 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 cups peeled and grated zucchini
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
1 cup oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
3 cups sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder

Combine eggs, oil, vanilla, and mix well. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add zucchini and dry ingredients to mixture. Add nuts. Flour and grease two or three loaf pans. (I use two regular size). Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
















No comments:

Post a Comment