Search This Blog

Sunday, October 20, 2013

We Love Our Books!

Cora (7 yrs) is devouring biographies. I hope her school library is ready! She loves learning "facts" about famous people. She memorizes their birth and death dates (if applicable). Her two pics for the week: Dr. Suess and Elvis Presley! I couldn't be more pleased...again, though I'm pleased, this is self-initiated. A little secret is that I have always loved biographies.

And, we've learned about "figures of speech". We had to clarify that Elvis did not actually "set the world on fire" with his music.  Unfortanately, I also must go back and revisit some facts. She is quizzing me. 






Oberlee (6 yrs) can't get enough of her kids human body books. Her newest fave is "The Human Body Encyclopedia". It's beyond me, but I love it. Her favorite things to learn about are they eyes, bones, and blood! 



August (2yrs) is loving the "Biscuit Books". They have the imbedded flaps with surprises and follows the life and times of the sweet puppy, Biscuit. He's into puppies and can't get enough of them! 



Miss Eliza (7 mo) loves to play with books and try to eat them. But, I enjoy reading to her and she seems to listen attentively. With her brother, we like to read "Haiku BAby". It gives a haiku for each season and the illustrations are wonderful. We are trying to start her early on the journey of reading and hope she will follow in the footsteps of her siblings who all LOVE reading time. Especially when mom and dad read with them. 




"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose."
Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment